Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anchored

This evening I turned "Anchor" on by Mindy Gledhill, a song that seems to have been written by someone who took a peek at my soul, found a perfect little portion of me and how I feel about my family, and put it to music.  I picked McKinley up in my arms facing outward and began to waltz around the great room.  I had barely begun to twirl when Kail stepped forward, took Mack's feet and began to waltz with us.  She reached forward, placed her hand on his cheek with that adoring look she wears so well, and we three danced.  I cannot adequately describe the sweet magic of that moment.  I cannot adequately describe the deep resounding, overwhelming joy that filled every ounce of my soul as we floated in our own little world of heaven, the reflection of us caught in the windows dancing along.  It felt as though we had danced like that before, had always danced like that, and in those breaths everything became that one moment.  Simple.  Pure.  Golden.  I was entirely wrapped in a cacoon of bliss.  Unpenetrable.  I have never taught Kail to waltz, but our three souls were in perfect harmony and we each knew exactly what to do.  His feet in perfect step with mine like it had been rehearsed time and again, her hand on his cheek, his gaze transfixed on her and mine on them.  A sweet reminder of who we really are and how anciently we have loved each other.  And again, time has stood still, sung, and burned it into my heart forever.

No comments: